Prerequisite: Certified as a PADI Jr. Open Water diver or higher, must be at least 12 years old
Time: 6 hours
Medical Statement: download
Do you know which sharks are endangered?
AWARE Shark Conservation Course - $129
Sharks are crucial to marine ecosystems. They maintain a balance in populations of prey species and keep the ocean healthy by removing ill or diseased animals. They are an important resource supporting local economies through fishing and as an attraction to dive tourists.
The goals of the AWARE Shark Conservation Diver course are to inform students of the value of sharks to marine ecosystems and economies, to educate them about the causes of declining shark populations, to build an understanding of what is missing in current shark fisheries management, to dispel misperceptions that may block them from taking action, and to inspire them to help sharks by taking action.
We hope to use the AWARE Shark Conservation Diver course to turn divers into informed and passionate shark defenders who take action to protect sharks.
- 2 Tank Shore Dive
- Use of any equipment you need
- Briefing & Instruction
- AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty Certification Card
Students must read the AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty Guide which can be downloaded here for free.Want to wet your whistle for shark info? We have posted several shark related blogs, so feel free to check them out!
- Meet at the shop at 7:AM (or time predetermined by you and your instructor.
- Read and fill out the entire Student Record File Folder.
- Read and sign the Student Agreement.
- Signed Medical Statement (if required).
- Read the AWARE Shark Conservation manual and complete the knowledge reviews.
- Print out and bring your knowledge reviews with you.
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive site.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!
- 48 hour Cancellation/Reschedule Policy.