Prerequisite: Scuba Diver Certification, 10 years old
Time:Â Approx. 6 hours
Have you ever wondered what you should have in your save-a-dive kit, how to change an o-ring, what the difference between a high and low volume mask is, or why you hear other divers blasting air out of their tanks after a dive? Well, with the Equipment Specialist course, you'll learn the answers to these questions and more! Join our tech Kelly for plenty of riveting equipment demos and easy on-site dive saving demos and earn a specialty certification while you're at it!
The goals of PADI Equipment Specialist training are to:
- Develop your practical knowledge of the theory, principles, and operation of diving equipment.
- Enable you to perform routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures.
- Enable you to store equipment properly.
- Provide you with simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations.
- Introduce you to new equipment.
This is not a repair class but it DOES count toward your Master Scuba Diver rating!
Certification means that you will be able to:
- Decide which diving equipment maintenance procedures you can do and which should be left to professionals.
- Properly care for and maintain your diving equipment.
- Apply for the rating of Master Scuba Diver if you are a PADI Advanced Opoen Water Diver and Rescue Diver with certifications in four other PADI Specialty ratings.
**STUDENTS MUST PURCHASE AND BRING THEIR OWN COPY OF THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF RECREATIONAL DIVING**
- Meet at the shop at the time determined by the instructor.
- Bring all of your materials to class.
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!
- 48 hour Cancellation/Reschedule Policy.