Underwater Pumpkin Carving Tips
Are you ready? The 2012 Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest is just around the corner and crawling up on us! Maui Dreams is spooking up another freaky and creepy event for you drooling, slicing-and-dicing, pumpkin-mangling maniacs!
What unique creature do you have in mind? Will your project be scuba diving related? Or will you carve something really spooky? Funny? Weird? Totally Out-of-the-box?
For first-time victims, er artistes, it might be a bit overwhelming to imagine scuba diving AND carving a Halloween pumpkin AT THE SAME TIME!!! Actually, there are a few simple tricks witch make it all so queasy:
- Clean the pumpkin BEFORE heading to the beach.
- Draw your disasterpiece on the pumpkin.
- Purchase those cool and inexpensive pumpkin-carving tools from your local supermarket or drugstore.
- Have a little weight or two to put in the pumpkin to keep it from crawling away while underwater.
- Bring along a mesh bag to collect the body parts as you whittle away.
- Bring fun stuff to add-on after the dive (I won’t suggest anything, cuz that would take all the fun out of it).
- But before everything…take a Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty class with Maui Dreams and you will look the coolest ever while you are rippin’ away at that poor defenseless pumpkin!
Don’t have a partner in crime? Not to shake your freaky little head…we will buddy you up with …ummmmmm…………………………..sooooomeooooone………………………. Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah,hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
See you on the dark side Saturday October 27th. Advance sign ups ARE required, so download your form here and just drop it by the shop.
October 17, 2012 @ 3:23 pm
Disasterpiece! Love it. Wish I could be there for the scary fun.