Prerequisites: Rescue Diver, 40 logged dives, age 18
Medical Statement: download
Linda Jerome, Divemaster
Divemaster - Call for Pricing
This is the first step in using your diving abilities and your love of the underwater world to "go pro". Prerequisites for this course include being a Certified Rescue Diver, having at least 40 logged dives, and for this one, you must be at least 18. You should also possess a good degree of physical stamina and the desire and maturity to take on the responsibility for others.
This class consists of in-depth training in both academics and water work, but the advantages of this level of certification are well worth the effort. The time needed to achieve this certification varies. Due to the length of the academic and internship program, dependent upon availability of the student and instructors, it generally takes 3-6 weeks to complete. By the end of this class, you must have a minimum of 60 logged dives to be certified "Divemaster".
The required materials for the Divemaster course are as follows (you may already own some of these):
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- RDP - (table, and eRDP) and associated Instructions for Use booklets
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Divemaster Slates
- Instructor Guides for programs Divemasters may conduct:
- Discover Scuba Diving
- Discover Snorkeling/Skin Diver Course
- Scuba Review/Discover Local Diving
- The PADI Divemaster video must also be viewed, and you are welcome to borrow ours.
After this, the next step is Instructor - go for it!