Requirements: minimum age of 10
Time: 6-8 hours/day for 3 days
Medical Statement: download
Private courses (one on one) - $1300/person
Semi-private (two persons only) - $1040/person
Open Water Diver
Open Water - $720
This version of the course includes self-study, lots of diving, and afternoon classroom sessions. If you'd prefer to skip the classroom portion of this course, you can complete your academics online for $399 (plus tax, and excludes eLearning fee which is paid directly to training agency). If that's more your thing than sitting in a classroom here in Maui, then please visit our eLearning page! If you'd prefer the extra time with an instructor in a classroom setting, we're totally into that too; read on!
This is a three day course comprised of book work, lectures and "hands on" experience applying what you learn in the water. Maui's waters are ideal for training, so all of your water work will be done in the ocean. As a result, you'll gain even more knowledge of the underwater world you'll be exploring for years to come.
If you have commitment issues and three (3) days is just too much for you, check out... Referral Dives.
Classes start at 7:00 a.m. and last until we're done, usually somewhere between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. This is dependent on the number of students per class and how well prepped they are. The way to become a good diver is to dive, so you'll be doing a lot of that, and to make sure you're a knowledgeable and safe diver, you'll also be reading and taking quizzes that pertain to diving.
For people visiting Maui, we always mail out class materials in advance. This way you will not end up reading a textbook on the beach. NOTE - in order to complete an entire scuba certification in only three days you MUST have completed ALL of the homework prior to the start of class.
The cost of this class is $720 (plus tax) which includes rental gear, classroom session, dives, and your all important certification card! You will impress yourself with what you learn and achieve in completing this certification, and you'll have FUN as well. Laughing underwater is mandatory - although we have a hand signal for that too!
One more thing: The minimum age for this class is 10, and we have tons of experience training kids - heck, they're usually the best students!
- Meet at the shop daily at 7:00 AM
- Read and fill out the entire Student Record File Folder
- Read and sign the Student Agreement
- Bring a signed Medical Statement (if required)
- Read the entire “Go Dive” book and complete the knowledge reviews at the end of each of the five chapters. Yes, you do need to write in your book!
- When you get to chapters four and five, read the additional little book that will teach you how to use the Recreational Dive Planner
- Watch entire Open Water DVD.
- Bring all of your materials to class each day.
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive sites.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!!
- 48 Hour Cancellation/Reschedule Policy (no refund for courses cancelled or rescheduled within 48 hours of scheduled start time)