Prerequisite: Open Water Certification, Minimum of 2 previous night dives, Minimum Age 12
Time: 8 hours, 2 divesMedical Statement: download
Fluorescence Night Diver Specialty - $250
Do you think you've seen it all?
Now you can see things in a whole new light!
Course completion counts towards your Mast Diver Certification.
This specialty is an introduction to Fluorescence (Fluo) Night Diving, to familiarize divers with the skills, knowledge, planning, procedures, hazards and enjoyment of Fluo Diving.
It's intended to serve as a safe and supervised introduction to Fluo diving.
This training will emphasize safety and fun.
The purpose of the PADI Fluorescence Night Diver Specialty is to provide a safe introduction under professional supervision into diving at night with blue light torches and mask barrier filters to experience the effect of fluorescence in marine life.
You will see the reef in an entirely different way, including some creatures that without the techniques and equipment you will learn about in this course are virtually invisible under regular white light conditions be it daytime or nighttime.
Join us to learn about Fluorescence Diving,
What is fluorescence, why do some marine creatures fluoresce?
What are the reasons Fluo Diving is fun and a valuable research tool?
What are the physics of fluorescence?
Course cost includes:
PADI Fluorescence Night Diver course book
Scuba diving equipment
Blue Torch and Visor
- Meet at the shop at the time determined by the instructor.
- Read and fill out the entire Student Record File Folder.
- Read and sign the Student Agreement.
- Signed Medical Statement (if required).
- Read the Flourescence Night Diver manual and complete the knowledge review.
- Bring all of your materials to class.
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive sites.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!
- 48 hour Cancellation/Reschedule Policy.
Flourescent Lizardfish photo used courtesy of Lynn Miner