Advanced Open Water
Take your love of diving to new depths!
Course Cost: $429 for Instruction and Gear Plus $190 for Digital Course Materials
Ready to take your knowledge and love of diving to the next level? The Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about advancing your skills. The Advanced class includes five fun and different dives; you'll practice navigation and buoyancy, try deep diving and make three elective adventure dives of your choosing.
Training with Maui Dreams Dive Co. means:
- Maximum class size is only four students so you get plenty of personal attention
- The cost of this class includes rental gear, lessons, and dives!
- Three dives from Maui's South Shore and two dives on board our boat!
Times and Duration
- Day 1: 7:00 a.m. and the end time is determined by which dives we are doing.
- Day 2: 6:15 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. on the Maui Diamond boat
What to Expect
Prior to showing up for the first day of dive training, divers must complete the digital course materials, which are purchased separately through the training agency (PADI).
Our most requested class schedule/dive combo looks like this:
- Day 1: Meet at shop at 7:00 to get geared up, then head down to the beach and complete navigation and two elective adventure dives.
- Day 2: Check in for your deep and third elective adventure dives from the Maui Diamond at 6:15. After your dives, we'll head back to the shop to complete logbooks and certification details. You can plan on finishing up around 2:00.
Note: These courses typically run two days in a row, but not always. If you need special dates (for example, weekends only), please contact us and we’ll make it happen for you.
Most common elective adventure dives:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Digital Underwater Imaging
- Fish Identification
- Boat Diver
- Underwater Naturalist
- Search and Recovery
- Night Diver
Ask us about adding on a Dive Against Debris or Enriched Air Nitrox Specialty certification to your Advanced Open Water course!
Divers must provide their own transportation to and from the shop, dive sites and boat and remember to bring their Open Water certification cards.
- 12 Years Old
- Open Water Certified
Note: Depending on your elective dives you might be required to or interested in purchasing dive lights/tank markers, a surface marker buoy and reel, fish identification books or other items. If purchased in our shop, you will receive a student discount.
- Read and complete the Continuing Education Document
- Read and sign the Student Agreement
- Signed Diver Medical (if required)
- Bring your certification card.
- Complete your AOW eLearning and have your eRecord for review
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive sites.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!!
All students participating in dive training are required to purchase and complete digital course materials and to complete a medical history questionnaire and may require a physician's release to participate in scuba diving. Please read the form at this link before booking. If you are booking additional divers, please share the link with them as well.