Open Water Referral Course
Start at home and finish on Maui!
Course Cost: $399 for Instruction and Gear
Becoming a certified diver will change your life! The Open Water Referral option is the BEST way to get it done. For this class, divers complete their academics and pool sessions at home with their local dive shop. Next, they come to Maui and dive, dive, dive!
Training with Maui Dreams Dive Co means:
- Maximum class size of only four students to ensure you get personalized attention. We want you to have a high quality experience.
- The cost of this class includes rental gear, lessons, and dives.
Times and duration
- Day 1: 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. meet at the shop and continue to the dive site
- Day 2: 7:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. meet directly at the dive site and finish up at the shop afterwards
Note: These courses typically run two days in a row, but not always. If you need special dates (for example, weekends only), please contact us and we’ll make it happen for you.
What to Expect
Prior to showing up for the first day of dive training, divers must complete the digital course materials, which is purchased separately through the training agency (PADI). Students must also have completed all pool training with their home dive shop. The original instructor will provide the student with their training record (referral form) so we can pick up right where they left off.
On your first day of training, we’ll meet at the shop, get you fitted for the equipment that you will be using in class, and complete paperwork. After that, we will head down to the beach where the real fun begins. On day 1 we will complete Open Water Dives 1 & 2.
On the second day, we’ll meet directly at the dive site to complete our last two dives from the beach! After our dives are completed, we will return to the shop to complete logbooks and get you certified!
Students ARE required to provide all of their own transportation to and from the dive sites, so please plan accordingly.
- 10 Years Old
- Able to Swim
- eLearning and Pool Work Completed
All students participating in dive training are required to purchase and complete digital course materials and to complete a medical history questionnaire and may require a physician's release to participate in scuba diving. Please read the form at this link before booking. If you are booking additional divers, please share the link with them as well.
FAQs & Reminders
Is taking a Referral course the right decision for me?
Yes! There are many reasons why a Referral is the best option when learning to dive on Maui. It saves you time and its amazing to get certified in paradise!
My friend is already certified. Can they come with me on this class?
On both days of your class, they could do guided beach dives at the same location where your certification takes place.
However, if your certified friend really does want to come along and watch you complete your class, the answer is yes, they can join you for the same cost as you.
- Meet at the shop on the first day at 7:00 AM
- Bring your referral forms from your original instructor
- Meet at the dive site on the second day at time designated by instructor.
- Bring your signed Diver Medical (if required)
- Bring your logbook
- Bring a towel and water (for drinking).
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive sites.
- Be prepared to have fun!!!!
- 48 Hour Cancellation/Reschedule Policy (review our Terms and Conditions)