Have you always wondered what it's like to breathe underwater?
Course Cost: $149 for first dive and $40 more for second
Introductory Dives are for adventure seekers who aren't scuba certified (yet) and want to see what it's like to breathe underwater and explore the reef with a PADI Instructor. Certified divers are welcome to join us as Introductory Dives also make excellent refreshers!
During this experience, participants will receive a thorough briefing, learn and practice some skills in the water, and then take an underwater tour. These experiences take place from our local shore dive spots with a maximum of only four divers per Instructor.
All equipment is included.
Times and Duration
- Daily at 7am (not available Sundays)
- 4-6 hours
What to Expect
In this introductory session, you'll actually be swimming with the marine life of Maui. Here's what you need to know:
- You'll dive with a certified PADI instructor.
- These intro dives are done from the beach in warm, shallow ocean waters.
- Meet at our shop (see map) at 7am to get geared up.
- Follow us to the nearby dive site where we give you a briefing on equipment, safety, equalization techniques, underwater skills, and let you know about what you'll be seeing as we dive.
- Once we're geared up, we walk into calm, shallow water where we practice some skills.
- Let the diving begin! We'll stay down as long as our air supply lets us.
- We always make sure FUN is a top priority!
- 10 years old
All students participating in dive training are required to complete a medical history questionnaire and may require a physician's release to participate in scuba diving. Please read the form at this link before booking. If you are booking additional divers, please share the link with them as well.
Special Note: You cannot fly (or visit altitude) immediately after your dive, so please do not book your dive for the same day you are scheduled to fly. Divers should plan an 18 hour surface interval between diving and flying.
FAQs & Reminders
What makes an Introductory Dive with Maui Dreams Dive Co unique?
We stay down as long as possible! Our bottom time depends on your comfort level and your air consumption. We use 80 cf tanks (the "big ones") because we want to provide you with MAXIMUM bottom time! An average introductory dive lasts an hour.
Want to go again?
For only $40 more, you can get right back in the water with your instructor for a second dive!
My friend isn't certified, but I am. Can I join them for the Introductory Dive?
Of course you can! We know how much fun it is to see someone dive for the first time.
Do I have to know how to swim to try scuba?
YES. We are going swimming. Underwater! And maybe a little on the surface. All participants must be comfortable in the water and able to swim.
Do I need a medical clearance to try scuba?
Maybe. Click here to review the medical history questionnaire BEFORE you call and book with us. Read the form thoroughly. On the other hand, don't be discouraged if you need to visit with your doctor - we get students with medical clearances every week!
- Meet at the shop at 7am
- Complete your eLearning (Digital Course Materials)
- Bring signed Diver Medical (if required).
- Divers must provide their own transportation to and from shop and dive sites.
- 48 Hour Cancellation/Reschedule Policy. Click here for details.